Julian Bewick's website
The EXTRA TEXT service enables a school to add material written by the school to its entry on the ISCis website. A school's Extra Text section appears after the school's data section.
Schools which already have text on the ISCis website will be asked to renew their subscription separately.
Format and Data Submission
You will see that the cost of the service is low. To maintain this economic system the format of the Extra Text section is constrained:
- One picture (optional) at the head of the section.
- Text up to about 1500 words. Longer sections are unlikely to be read by a web viewer!
The text is written by the school and the school takes responsibility for its content. There is NO NEED to repeat information already presented in the main data section for the school. Look at a few existing examples to see what others have done.
- Send the text information by email if possible (to email@example.com), or on a PC format disc as a PLAIN TEXT or Word file). The file sent by email or disc should be named electronically and if relevant labelled elsewhere as your four-digit ISC reference number, followed by t (eg. 0115t.txt or 1599t.doc).
- You may send text on paper as a VERY LAST RESORT - please don't see this as the easy option! There is an extra fee for text received on paper because it has to undergo extra processing.
- Send a picture as an email attachment or on disc. The image format and size should be suitable for resizing to approx 300 pixels (longer dimension) if necessary (JPEG of high quality or GIF or TIFF formats are suitable). Phone 01225 723583 (Julian Bewick) for clarification or more information if needed. If necessary a photograph can be scanned. Say whether the photograph should be returned.
- Please do NOT send us the information as a school prospectus, brochure, etc. unless you have discussed it with Julian Bewick.
Send the text and (optional) image data to Monkton Combe Computing Service as soon as possible. A proof will be sent, and the text will be put on the web site soon after you have approved the proof.
The charge is £60 for preparation of the entry and one year's display on the ISCis website. (An addiotnal £15 if the information is submitted on paper.)
Extra fee for processing text from paper : £15
Subsequent charges are :
Annual Renewal is £30 (where there is no change to the entry)
PLUS £10-£45 depending on the extent of the changes. (This extra charge will be waived if changes are minimal.)
Charges include VAT.
Please do NOT send payment at this stage. An invoice will be sent later.
Send data to Monkton Combe Computing Service, 1 Church Cottages, Monkton Combe, BATH BA2 7HB. Phone : 01225 723583 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Top © Monkton Combe Computing Service